Research areas and methodologies
The Otorinolar Areaingoiatrics carries out research in the following areas:
- Evaluation of inflammatory cytokines and neurotrophins of the nasal mucosa in patients undergoing functional surgery
- Evaluation of patients with lar refluxingofaringeo
- Otoneurological functional balance in patients with Meniere's disease operated for decompression of the endolymphatic sac and duct
- Study of mast cell stimulation in the nasal mucosa for the evaluation of Ngf,Bdnf, Nt3,Nt4 and serotonin
The research activity of the Area makes use of a vast instrumental equipment for functional evaluations, there are also epidemiological and statistical skills for the design, planning, execution and analysis of intervention or observational epidemiological studies.
It also carries out clinical research protocols, both spontaneous and sponsored, for the study of the pathophysiology and clinical aspects of larvae symptoms.ingei of gastroesophageal reflux disease and for the evaluation of the nasal mucosa in patients undergoing functional surgery.
Patents and spin-offs
- Patents: Innovative system for non-invasive assessment of respiratory capacity
- SPIN OFF: Biomedical Research in Otolaryngology srl (BRIO)
BRIO produces and distributes devices iBRIO produces and distributes innovative biomedical devices for the healthcare sector. In particular, the company distributes SpraySol, an innovative device for ENTingoiatrics, which can be operated manually and delivers substances in the form of aerosols
List of research projects in progress
"Single-centre, prospective observational study on the therapeutic efficacy and safety of linfovir nasal spray 30 ml in patients with chronic rhino-sinusitis undergoing naso-sinus surgery"
“Therapeutic efficacy and safety of Midaedem associated with PPIs in GERD patients with ENT symptoms”
List of completed research projects
NGF Autologous stimulation in naval cavity