Research areas and methodologies
|The UOC of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery ofUCBM is responsible for:
Oncological surgery of the skin and soft tissues
Treatment of difficult wounds and regenerative medicine
Surgery for the outcomes of morbid obesity
Functional and Aesthetic Surgery of all districts:
Application of regenerative medicine in ringskin rejuvenation
Application of regenerative medicine in the treatment of acne scars
Treatment of complications from infiltration and identification of substances
For the treatment of
angiomas and vascular lesions
ETHICS AND AESTHETICS in plastic surgery a transversal EBM centered approach
Proposal of an ethically based deontological and healthcare approach that includes a clinical and research methodology based on Evidence-Based Medicine (EBM) focused on the centrality of the individual.
• Ethics and aesthetics in medicine with particular application in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
• The ethical and aesthetic value of beauty: objective indication for cosmetic surgery.
DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION OF PROMs
The main research projects are:
- Application of regenerative medicine in the treatment of acne scars: nanofat plus platelet-rich plasma (PRP) infiltration and fractional CO2 laser
- The use of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) in breast implant capsule contracture.
- Treatment of venous leg ulcers with different combinations of fat transplantation and platelet-rich plasma: a prospective comparative evaluation
- Quality of life in breast cancer patients treated with reconstructive procedures: application of the BREAST-Q questionnaire.
- Evaluation of the posteromedial brachioplasty technique associated with liposuction in the remodeling of the post-bariatric arm.
- IPL in the treatment of posterior blepharitis.
- The use of regenerative devices in chronic wounds: a prospective randomized study
- Application of a bioelectrochemical sensor to detect antibiotic-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection
- Evaluation of the periprosthetic capsule in patients undergoing breast reconstruction with tissue expanders with different surfaces
- Association of papilloma virus infection with the clinical evolution of keratoacanthoma.
- Correlation of thyroid gland dysfunction with skin pathologies.
- Association of papilloma virus infection and actinic keratosis.
- The involvement of CDKN2A in melanoma and mesothelioma in rare syndromic cases of familial cancer
- Clinical evaluation of topical treatment in papulocystic acne.
- In 2017 the creation of a multidisciplinary research group: "being and appearing: objective indication for plastic surgery" of theUniversità Campus Bio-medico di Roma, Italy.
Collaborations with other Research Centers
- Q-portfolio team (Memorial Sloan-Kettering, Harvard Medical School, McMaster University (Canada)) (international collaboration for the Italian validation of the main PROMs (Patient Reported Outcomes Measurements)
- Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Microsurgery Unit, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China (Prof. YX Zhang): collaboration on works relating to microsurgery; microsurgery fellowships
- Biomedical device with gradual compression for the support and optimization of the skin scar (Italian patent)
Inventors: P. Persichetti, S. Filippi, A. Gizzi, G. Marangi, F. Segreto, C. Falcinelli
- Adipose tissue purification technique to obtain a high concentration of adipose stem cells (Italian patent)
Inventors: P. Persichetti, GF Marangi, F. Segreto, F. Pantano, MC Tirindelli, C. Gregorj