Documents required for your stay

Student Visa and Residence Permit (Permesso di Soggiorno)

Only for NON-European students

All non-EU students who wish to study in Italy are required to apply and obtain a long-term study visa (type D). Getting a visa is now much easier and faster, thanks to the Universitaly portal created by the Italian Ministry of University and Research in collaboration with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Universitaly aims at connecting students, Italian diplomatic authorities abroad and Italian universities, and therefore it simplifies the request and obtainment of the visa for non european students. 

Candidates need to register on the Universitaly website, and select Campus Bio-Medico when asked in Step B. Once the pre-enrolment application is accepted, the university will send the documentation to the Embassy/Consulate as indicated by the candidate in order to start the visa process.

Extra-EU nationals staying in Italy for more than 90 days must apply for a Residence permit (in Italian, Permesso di soggiorno) within 8 days from their arrival in the country.

This document supersedes the student visa, allows you to stay one full year and can be renewed annually based on the duration of the programme you are enrolled in at UCBM. The student secretariat will provide you with all the information you need to know and the steps to follow.