19th August – 6th September 2019
(Hughes Hall College, University of Cambridge)
Campus Bio-Medico University of Rome is proud to present its full-immersion, residential Bootcamp in Cambridge (UK), bringing you a three-week course in the fields of IoT and Data Science.
Why does our Bootcamp provide a unique opportunity?
- 120-hour programme in a cutting-edge field
- A programme designed in collaboration with Cambridge University instructors, supervisors and trainers
- Industry partners
What are the aims of the Bootcamp?
- To introduce participants to foundations of IoT and to the main tools and methods of data science through lectures, seminars, group work and hands-on tutorials
- To provide practical industry experience using real case-studies from our partner businesses through a week-long hackathon leading to an internship
- To give core-skills training to develop communication and presentation skills, time and project management skills, collaboration and leadership skills
In order to secure your place in the bootcamp, please follow these instructions:
- Fill in the following Bootcamp Application Form
- After filling in this form, you will receive an email with the step-by-step Payment Guidance
- Upon payment confirmation, you will receive the Enrolment Pack
Registration: now open
Registration closing: 28th July 2019 at 5pm
WEEK 1: IoT and rapid prototyping
WEEK 2: Data visualisation, machine learning and big data
WEEK 3: Hackathon with industry case-studies
WEEK 1,2,3: Transferable skills training
Prof. Alexandre Kabla from Cambridge Engineering Department explains the Embedded programming course using Arm Mbed
The Bootcamp will be hosted by Hughes Hall College, one of the 31 prestigious Colleges of the University of Cambridge (UK).
The college is centrally located and close to all amenities.
The Bootcamp will be a residential camp, which means that participants will live and study at Hughes Hall College for the duration of the camp in order to have a full-immersion experience.
What is included in the Bootcamp?
- Welcome pack from Hughes Hall College upon arrival
- All courses, seminars and tutoring sessions
- Small group project work led by supervisors
- Networking with industry partners
- Hands on training
- All hardware materials for the labs and the hackathon
- Full board accommodation Monday though Friday (single en-suite room and three meals a day)
- Bed and breakfast accommodation on weekends
- Weekly housecleaning of the room and linens
- Barbecue and drinks reception on arrival (18th August)
- Award ceremony and Formal Dinner (6th September)
- Hard copy certification at the end of the course
Eligibility and requirements
Who can participate in our Bootcamp?
- Undergraduate and graduate students (over 18 years of age)
- Newly graduates
- Early-stage practitioners in IoT and Data Science
What are the entry requirements?
- Courses are taught entirely in English. While no language certificate is required, participants are expected to have enough command of the language to follow and benefit from the course without causing disruption to the development of the class. We recommend a B2 level or equivalent.
- All participants must have basic computing skills and familiarity with any kind of programming language.
- All courses will be held in lecture rooms, not in a computer lab. Participants are required to bring a laptop.
If you have any questions or for any additional information, please feel free to contact us