The School aims at delivering an Advanced Training Program in Biomechanics and Mechanobiology merging complementary bits of knowledge from different fields. Lecturers are renowned expert scientists from multidisciplinary fields, such as Biomedical Imaging, Theoretical Biology and Biomechanics, Computational Mechanics and in-silico biomechanical analyses for the Clinical Practice. Classes will be focused on state-of-the-art problems of biomedical research, developing multidisciplinary learning skills. Basic concepts of interdisciplinary knowledge will be opened to the critical thinking of Biomechanics and Mechanobiology applications. Emphasis will be on scientific and technological challenges able to foster an effective translation towards the clinical world.
The School will offer a broad context of scientific sessions in which it will be possible to discuss with lecturers, other students and researchers. It is intended to create the best conditions for future synergic and multidisciplinary cooperation. Social and cultural activities will be organized where students will meet lecturers in an informal context. The expected impact of the School is the creation of an international network on Theoretical and Applied Biomechanics & Mechanobiology in which the young participants can get access to a higher educational level and find their research line on a robust epistemological framework. New synergies are expected to face the urgent challenges connected with healthcare social problems and sustainability through integrated multidisciplinary approaches.
School of Structural Engineering and Institute of Biological & Medical Engineering (Chile),an expert in computational biomechanics
Thomas Christian Gasser
KTH Royal Institute of Technology (Sweden), an expert in imaging and clinical applications in cardiovascular biomechanics
Department of Electric, Electronic and Information Engineering "Guglielmo Marconi" - DEI, University of Bologna, an expert in biomedical imaging
Univ. of Rome Tor Vergata & Gran Sasso Science Institute (GSSI), an expert in imaging, modeling and simulation of cardiovascular hemodynamics
Tel Aviv University (Israel), an expert in biomedicalimaging, experimental and computationalmechanics of bone
Cambridge University (UK), an expert in mechanical engineering, non-equilibrium thermodynamics, statistical mechanics and mechanobiology
Timing and venue
The School will run over the week 24-28 February 2020.
Student Travel Grant application: 15 October 2019
Early Registration fee: 15 November 2019
Rome INNOVATION HUB. Via Antonio Salandra 113, 00187 Rome, Italy.
Special Issue: "Mathematical Modeling in Biomechanics and Mechanobiology"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 July 2020.
Further information at this link.
School criteria and requirements
The School Committee will select a limited number of participants (CV, motivation, scientific interest) to maximize the interaction. Student Travel Grant will be set to support young scientists and students from low-income founds. Members of affiliated Scientific Societies will gain a fee discount.
|FEES||BEFORE 15/11/2019||AFTER 15/11/2019|
|PhD Students (Reduced*)||€ 400||€ 500|
|PhD Students (Regular)||€ 500||€ 600|
|PostDoc/Researchers (Reduced*)||€ 500||€ 600|
|PostDoc/Researchers (Regular)||€ 600||€ 700|
- Miguel Angel Ariza Gracia - University of Bern (CH)
- Stephane Avril - MINES Saint-Etienne (FR)
- Michele Conti - University of Pavia (IT)
- Christian J. Cyron - Hamburg University of Technology - Helmholtz Center (DE)
- Enrico Dall’Ara - University of Sheffield (UK)
- Marco Donato De Tullio - Politecnico di Bari (IT)
- Salvatore Federico - University of Calgary (CA)
- Salvatore Pasta - University of Palermo (IT)
- Alberto Rainer - Campus Bio-Medico University of Rome (IT)
- Oliver Röhrle - University of Stuttgart (DE)
- Paola Saccomandi - Politecnico di Milano (IT)
- Emiliano Schena - Campus Bio-Medico University of Rome (IT)
- Paolo Soda - Campus Bio-Medico University of Rome (IT)
Advisory board committee
- Luca Cristofolini - University of Bologna (IT)
- Luca Deseri - University of Trento (IT)
- Antonio De Simone - SISSA, Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna (IT)
- Massimiliano Fraldi - University of Naples (IT)
- Francesco Migliavacca - Politecnico di Milano (IT)
- Umberto Morbiducci - Politecnico di Torino (IT)
- Anna Pandolfi - Politecnico di Milano (IT)
Endorsing scientific societies
- European Society of Biomechanics (ESB)
- Italian Group on Theoretical and Applied Biomechanics (GBMA-AIMETA)
- Società Italiana di Scienza delle Costruzioni (SISCo)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (IEEE) - Italy Section. Italy Chapter of the IEEE Sensors Council
- Italy Chapter of the Engineering in Medicine & Biology Society (EMBS). IEEE Chapter of EMB-18
- IEEE Computer Society, Technical Committee on Computational Life Sciences
- Canadian Society for Biomechanics (CBS)
- Gruppo Nazionale di Bioingegneria (GNB)
Alessio Gizzi: firstname.lastname@example.org
Michele Marino: email@example.com
Giuseppe Vairo: firstname.lastname@example.org