Culture on stage
The Theater Laboratory offers students the opportunity to learn the linguage and theatrical techniques, but above all to be together and experience the University not only for study reasons. Directed by the actress, director and trainer Francesca Fava, meets weekly at the Center for the Health of the Elderly (CESA). Participation is free and entitles each student who attends the laboratory to 1 credit per semester.
In addition to collaborating permanently with the University choir, the students of the laboratory participated in various internal activities at the Campus Bio-Medico University of Rome, such as Christmas parties, family celebrations, Campus Day and much more.
They also made the following shows:
- 2011 - "C Consiamo" (tales of Hepatitis C patients), winner of the institutional award 'Ci Vuole Fegato 2012'
- 2012 - "The Triumph of Medicine" by Jules Romains
- 2012 - "Puss in Boots", a fairy tale dramatized for the family celebration
- 2013 - "L'Albertone Nazionale", an evening tribute to the greatest Italian comedian
- 2013 - "Aggià a fà o presebbio", Christmas show for basic services
- 2014 - "Throw away-Preserve: Waste scenes and recycling proposals", musical about food waste
- 2014 - "Don Álvaro, a life to discover", staged with the support of the Chaplaincy on the occasion of the beatification of the founder ofUniversità Campus Bio-Medico di Roma, Don Álvaro del Portillo
- 2015 - "Come on, come people", musical on the life of St. Francis of Assisi
- 2015 - "Under the arcades of Batzaetà", staged in the simulation room of the University Hospital
- 2016 - Musical within the Sport and Culture Week
- 2017 - "Mamma mia" within the Sport and Culture Week
- 2018 - "Peter Pan" within the Sport and Culture Week (see the video) and replicated for the children of the company nursery
- 2022 - "Exercises in style" within the Sport and Culture Week (watch the video)
Some shows have also been repeated outside the University for public events, for example at the Elsa Morante Theater in Rome, in the square of Assisi for university students' day, at the Pontifical University Theater at the invitation of the Vicariate of Rome, at the of theater for schools "La Bottega Teatrale" at the Due Pini Auditorium in Rome and at the "Parco della Musica" Auditorium in Rome for the Alberto Sordi Award.
The latest shows were held in collaboration with the Alberto Sordi Association - day care center for the elderly, with the 'Ex Giovani' Company and the Alberto Sordi Foundation.
>> Francesca Fava