Research areas and methodologies
Myocardial protection – new biomaterials in cardiac surgery – mitral plastic – experimental models for new therapeutic strategies – bio modelsingengineering in ascending aorta surgery – ingtissue engineering and targeted pharmacological release - identification of new biomarkers of myocardial damage - mRNA in cardiac tumors - microbiota and atrial fibrillation - evaluation of new prosthetic models in heart valve surgery - mathematical models for risk quantification in aortic dissection.
Collaborations with other Research Centers
- Golden Jubilee National Hospital in Glasgow (UK)
- Hôpital Universitaire Pitié Salpêtrière in Paris (France)
- University of the Studies in Genova
- Blackpool Victoria Hospital, Blackpool (UK)
- Mediterranean Institute for Transplants and Highly Specialized Therapies (ISMETT) Palermo